As the county opens further and more options become available, Senior Connection cautiously adjusts and reviews our COVID guidelines as well. Our COVID guidelines as of 6/1/21, are as follows:
- Face coverings: recommended for both volunteer and client while in the car.
- Social distancing: recommended, but in some cases needs override that option. We will endeavor to note on requests in RideScheduler if physical assistance (such as, a helping hand out of the car) or an escort into an appointment is necessary.
- Seating in car: recommended that riders sit in the rear, passenger seat of the car.
- Access: recommended that drivers should not enter client homes.
- Cases of illness: if either driver or client is not feeling well the day of the ride, please call the office as soon as possible.
- Grocery Shopping: drivers can now transport clients to the grocery store. If you prefer a volunteer to shop for you, we still offer that service and all other services that enhance food security.