As the county opens further and more options become available, Senior Connection cautiously adjusts and reviews our COVID guidelines as well. Our COVID guidelines as of 10/19/2022 through 12/31/2022, are as follows:
- Proof of Vaccination status: Senior Connection adheres to county mandates/guidelines. Please provide a copy (paper of digital) of your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card of Certificate of COVIOD-19 Vaccination from the state in which you received your vaccinations.
- Face coverings: recommended for both volunteer and client while in the car.
- Social distancing: recommended, but in some cases needs override that option. We will endeavor to note on requests in RideScheduler if physical assistance (such as, a helping hand out of the car) or an escort into an appointment is necessary.
- Seating in car: recommended that riders sit in the rear, passenger seat of the car.
- Access: recommended that drivers should not enter client homes.
- Cases of illness: if either driver or client is not feeling well the day of the ride, and if you are experiencing illness, including but not limited to fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, or new loss of taste and/or smell, please call the office as soon as possible.
- Grocery Shopping: drivers can now transport clients to the grocery store. If you prefer a volunteer to shop for you, we still offer that service and all other services that enhance food security.