How You Can Help…
If you are looking for a rewarding and flexible volunteer opportunity, look no further. The time you offer volunteering with Senior Connection can make a world of difference to an area senior citizen.
To start the process, please complete an application or contact email@example.com for more information.
If you have completed your application, the next step is to attend a training session. Please email Susan Girard at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for training.
- Are covered under our general liability and additional specialized Volunteer Insurance, protecting you while you help.
- Must have a background and motor vehicle records check, paid for and conducted by us.
- Will receive comprehensive and on-going training, including senior mobility and sensitivity, HIPPA compliance and the nuts and bolts of what we do.
Join our team of volunteers and you will:
- Experience the satisfaction knowing that you are making a difference in your own neighborhood.
- Help someone else feel better. It’s the easiest way to have your spirits lifted.
- Decide your own volunteering schedule. You can help when you are available and experience no feeling of guilt when you are not.
- Learn valuable history and about life lessons and experiences. Seniors have many, many wonderful stories and much wisdom to share. They can also learn and benefit from your stories and activities.
- Live longer and happier lives. Statistics show that people who volunteer have healthier vital signs.
- Receive volunteer liability protection. All volunteer assignments are covered under our umbrella liability policy.
- Experience a thorough orientation before you begin, staff support while you volunteer, and recognition and life skills training for the wonderful work you accomplish as a volunteer.
Flexible volunteer opportunities include:
- Being an escorted driver. Using your own car to drive and accompany an older adult to a social, religious or medical appointment or the grocery store and return them back home. Most appointments are scheduled mid-day to avoid rush hour traffic and take two to three hours.
- Going shopping for someone who may not be able to get out on their own. Take along another’s shopping list as you do your own weekly shopping. It is a simple, but very much appreciated way to help a neighbor who may be homebound. Delivering and putting away their groceries while visiting with them in their home can make a real difference in how connected they feel.
If you have at least 3-4 hours a month, we can find a way for you to help for you at the Senior Connection, and you can experience the joy and receive the gratitude expressed from helping a senior neighbor. We ask for at least 6 months of service, but hope for a year or more!
Please complete the application and return it to us.
Email a copy to email@example.com
Mail a copy to:
3950 Ferrara Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20906