Don’t worry, we are still here for you…
During this public health emergency, Senior Connection is embracing the “new normal” and endeavoring to press on using prudence and following CDC, Montgomery County, MD, government, and our own safety guidelines. We stand steadfast in our continued support of and commitment to our area senior citizens. It is through the dedication of our selfless volunteers that we are able to provide our services free of charge.
So, while COVID-19 has changed everyone’s lives, please know that we are still here, helping as always, but with some adjustments.
At this time, Senior Connection is able to assist Montgomery County seniors with the following:
→Transportation to scheduled COVID-19 vaccination appointments**
→Transportation to essential medical appointments
→Grocery shopping from a provided list and form of payment
→Providing check-in-chat phone calls
→Manna box delivery (must be registered with Manna)
If you need assistance, please call the office (301-962-0820) with the details of your request. If we are unable to pick up your call, please leave a detailed message and know that we will reach out to you as soon as possible.
If you would like to become a volunteer, please complete our online form or call the office (301-962-0820) and leave a detailed message.
From all of us to all of you, we wish you health, happiness, and laughter during this very trying time.
**Transportation to COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments**
- If you are going to a county clinic for your vaccination, please see the links below to preregister
- If you need our assistance getting to your PCP, CVS/Walgreens or county clinic, please call us as soon as you have your details, including the scheduled dates of both shots.
Important Information and Resources
- CDC Information Page
- Montgomery County HHS COVID-19 Information Page
- Montgomery County Sources of COVID-19 Support for Local Seniors
- FOOD RESOURCES During COVID-19 Crisis
MoCo HHS COVID-19 Food Resources
- HOUSING RESOURCES During COVID-19 — Steps to avoid eviction
- UTILITY RESOURCES During COVID-19 — What to do if you cannot pay or are facing shut-off
- Montgomery County Health and Human Services Senior Services
MoCo Senior Citizen Transportation Services Page
New Transportation in MoCo: Ride the Flash Bus!
Senior Connection COVID-19 Guidelines
In addition to CDC and MoCo mandates, Senior Connection COVID-19 safety guidelines are listed below and followed by driver and rider:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in the car, grocery store, and/or on deliveries;
- Social distancing must be practiced–the driver cannot physically assist a rider;
- All riders are to sit in the rear passenger seat of the car;
- Drivers are not allowed to enter homes, apartment buildings, doctor’s offices/buildings; and
- We cannot transport riders to the grocery store — if you need food, one of our volunteers will shop from a provided list and form of payment and leave the groceries at an agreed upon location outside of the home/townhouse/building.
Senior Connection is a local non-profit that provides an array of free services to Montgomery County, MD, residents aged 60+. From transportation services to grocery shopping assistance, we proudly have helped our neighbors for over 20 years and counting.
Senior Connection does not charge for services and funded in part by Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Aging and Disability; private foundations; faith communities; corporations; and individuals, value and support our efforts.
SEND A SMILE to help us out.
We are now affiliated with AmazonSmile. You can give back to the Senior Connection while shopping at Amazon.com! Click the banner before you shop and Amazon will give us a small percentage of each purchase you make. Every little bit helps us!