Dear Members & Friends,
We hope that you are well. We want to personally say thank you to our members, friends, and donors for being an integral part of Senior Connection of Montgomery County. We appreciate you. Your trust in us furthers our commitment to our seniors in Montgomery County. Many of you have expressed your appreciation of our programs and services, and we want to say thank you for trusting us! We promise to continue serving with integrity and holding fast to Senior Connection of Montgomery County’s mission.
As we move into 2022 we want to share some of the many exciting things that occurred within SCMC in 2021:
- July – We hired a new Executive Director.
- August – We received a new grant from the Montgomery County Economic Development Council.
- September – Through a collaborative partnership with Penrose Development, we purchased a sixteen-seater , wheelchair accessible shuttle bus that provides rides to our seniors to local grocery stores, and that supports our partner organizations with needed transportation services in challenging transit/transportation areas.
- December – We forged new partnerships that will expand programmatic services and efforts that will further our support of our seniors in new ways.
- December – We convened at Montgomery County’s White Oak Recreation Center (Thanks MoCo Rec!) as a board for our inaugural Annual Board Retreat to strategize and ‘dig deep’ to move in concert for growth and to secure our participation throughout our communities.
- December – We had a successful year-end Fundraising Holiday drive! Thank you! Thank you to you and our many members who support us.
Although Senior Connection of Montgomery County is making moves to grow our mission, we will continue to serve you and our community in the best way. As we move through a New Year, we will continue to stand and honor Sue Dollin’s purpose and stay strong to our mission. We are more committed than ever to continuing our work, of offering transportation services and food access and security to many.
And don’t forget, we are still here for you! During this public health emergency, Senior Connection is embracing the “new normal” and endeavoring to press on using prudence and following CDC, Montgomery County, MD, government safety guidelines. We are steadfast in our continued support of and commitment to our area senior citizens. It is through the dedication of our selfless volunteers that we are able to continue providing services free of charge. So, while COVID-19 has changed everyone’s lives, please know that we are still here, helping as always, but with some adjustments.
Continue to check back in occasionally to find out what’s going on. 2022 will be a year of amazing changes – with new programs and services! Visit us again in April to see what we have done in the past quarter to keep Senior Connection of Montgomery County moving forward, as this is how we will continue to keep our community ‘in the know.’
The Board of Directors
Senior Connection is a local non-profit that provides an array of free services to Montgomery County, MD, residents aged 60+. From transportation services to grocery shopping assistance, we proudly have helped our neighbors for over 20 years and counting.
Senior Connection does not charge for services and funded in part by Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Aging and Disability; private foundations; faith communities; corporations; and individuals, value and support our efforts.
SEND A SMILE to help us out.
We are now affiliated with AmazonSmile. You can give back to the Senior Connection while shopping at Amazon.com! Click the banner before you shop and Amazon will give us a small percentage of each purchase you make. Every little bit helps us!